Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Shoes of Prey at Work

Hello Sunshine Lovers! We're back this week, as promised, with outfit posts featuring our Shoes of Prey designs! Kim here, reporting in for duty! For this post, we're showing off my set of shoes. We'll take a gander at Kat's pairs later this week. We didn't intend for there to be a work theme with this post, but as I was reviewing these photos I realized that these outfits are representative of typical work outfits for each of us.

Having an autonomous job at a large tech company, I'm not limited to typical dress code standards (other than common sense rules for a professional work place). Basically, I wear whatever I want! Sometimes I'm unapologetically running around the office in workout gear and sometimes, I look like I'm going to a cocktail party. In another life, I would have loved a job that requires Olivia Pope worthy ensembles on the daily so today on the blog, I'm completely channeling that kick-ass-lady-boss energy. This dress hangs in the closet as the holy grail business casual dress. I found it at a "Ross Dress for Less" a couple years ago; a bargain hunter's ultimate achievement. Also, can we talk about how perfect my MK Selma matches my shoes? Best bag/shoe combo I have in my closet, for sure!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Kim's Look:
Dress | Calvin Klein
Bag | Michael Kors
Shoes | Shoes of Prey

Kat's outfit, as always, is so effortless and cool. It's funny how much influence the people around you can have on the way you dress. I'm really feeling Kat's clean, monochromatic palette as of late. Kat usually opts for cool flats or nice booties to pair with outfits like this. I love how these heels elevate her ensemble to a chic, sophisticated look while still maintaining that "I woke up like this" vibe. Her skinny jeans look AMAZING with these heels, I'm taking note! But let's be real, THOSE LEGS THO.

IMG_2672 IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Kat's Look:
Jacket | Forever 21
Pants | AG Jeans
Bag | Jack Spade
Shoes | Shoes of Prey

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

I'll leave you with one last look at these gorgeous shoes! Later this week, we're going to switch gears a bit and show off some glam party looks! Happy Tuesday, Lovelies!!

xo,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Omg that MK bag!!! With those shoes!! It's the perfect marriage, love the use of color and fabric in that combination. You're throwing everything out the window with that look, loved it. I like how the shoes you designed were also a great match for Kat's look. The golden detail just elevates the whole look to another level. I love when a girl's outfit screams "I'm a powerful, professional woman and I kick-ass". Both of you girls are channeling that energy here ;) great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damnit, Hector. You write THE BEST comments. Like seriously. WE LOVE YOU. Can't wait for TOMORROW'S post on Geek-Q!!!!

      Delete