Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Our Shoes of Prey Design Reveal!

IMG_2672

Hello, Thursday Lovers! Kim here, back to welcome you to our second installment of our Shoes of Prey series! Today, we reveal our custom designs. I wanted to kick off by diving a little bit more into the design experience with Shoes of Prey. I raved a bit in the last post about how I think their 3D design experience is a major home run. First, you start out by choosing your shape. There are 12 to choose from, as shown below. I love that the heel height is completely customizable to your preference. Next, the real fun starts. You can choose from 170 (ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY) fabrics and textures in all colors of the rainbow! They even have vegan options. The design experience is super interactive and you can swap different textures in and out with a couple clicks of the mouse! Last, but not least, you can specify embellishments ranging from bows, to ruffles, to custom inscriptions (perfect for weddings and commemorative occasions!). Shoes of Prey also makes accommodations for extra small or extra large sizes or even different sized feet. Jodie thought of everything. Honestly, can't rave about this experience enough!

IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672

So without further ado, let's check out our shoe designs! Kat and I each designed two pairs of shoes. First set up is mine! If you guys follow along with my personal blog, you know how much I adore a pretty heel. My first pair, a pointed heel, is basically a copy of a shoe I saw at the launch event. However, instead of having the heel and toe in different textures, I decided to put the entire heel in fish scale and keep the color block concept. My second pair was inspired by one of Kat's designs! I loved the idea of a black top mixed with a gold heel and platform. Basically, I'm a copy cat, but I am quite satisfied with my choices :)

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
And then of course, we have Kat's designs. These kitten heels are so cute. And again, if you follow her personal blog, you'd understand that they are very Kat! I can see her pairing these shoes with every set of basics in her closet. AND THOSE BOOTIES. How fierce are these?! Can you blame me for wanting my own version? I remember Kat picking up a pair of color blocked booties at the launch event and exclaiming that she wanted one of her pairs of shoes to be booties. If you have a Shoes of Prey design studio near you, I recommend checking it out! They are wonderful for finding inspiration.

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

Next week, Kat and I are swapping our shoes back and forth and showing you how we styled our designs! Can't wait, y'all!

xoxo, Kim

4 comments:

  1. Kat's bootie reminds me of these fergie booties I've been drooling over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMFG, Cass! You would be SO BADASS in those Fergie Booties!!! And yea, not gonna lie, Kat's boots were about double the price (we caught a black Friday sale so they were a bit cheaper than usual).

      Delete
  2. Wow girls! You're not only super stylish but you are also really good designers!! These shoes are just flawless. I love how each one of you thought on how to bring some of your everyday aesthetics into these beauties, and I could totally picture you two wearing anything from your closets with these pumps (even from each others' closets! They say great minds think alike and I think you don't think the same way but are still very compatible with each others' styles). I loved this post! I want to design my own shoe now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hector! They need to do a shoes of prey line for men!!! These shoes are so incredibly well made and a lot prettier in real life than in the rendered photos :) I should wear a pair to our next meet up!

      Delete